Year 11 Timetables
Final Exam Support Sessions Downloadable Year 11 Revision Timetable Downloadable Year 11 Intervention Timetable ASD Support
How to Revise
As a school we want to support students and make sure they are using study strategies to support their revision, that work – based on educational research.
We have come across the works of some cognitive psychologists from the University of Massachusetts called “The Learning Scientists”. They suggest six evidence informed approaches to study which can help students to revise effectively.
- Elaboration – explaining ideas in detail
- Retrieval Practice – practice ‘remembering’ what they have been taught
- Spaced practice – spacing out your studying over time.
- Dual coding – combining pictures and words to help you remember things.
- Interleaving – switching between the topics that you study.
- Concrete examples – using specific examples to understand abstract ideas.
We will be looking at these approaches in detail with Year 11 in tutor time but parents and students can also watch the following videos and download further information about each strategy here.