Dear Parents and Carers,
The School receives approximately £935 for every student registered for Pupil Premium.
This money enables the school to offer additional mentoring, support initiatives which aid tuition, homework and revision, celebration of success and extra-curricular activities. If you are registered for Free School Meals you could also receive help towards the cost of school trips.
Please be assured that the process of purchasing a school meal is completely confidential. Credit will be allocated to student’s accounts and students will use either their school card or fingerprint to purchase a meal in the same way as non-Free School Meal students.
Did you know… registering your child for Free School Meals means that the school receives extra money?
Register now to make sure we do not miss out on funding that can support your child’s learning.
How does it work?
- First check to see if you qualify – please see the list below.
- Registering is really quick and easy.
- By registering, your child will be entitled to a free healthy main meal every day, which could save you more than £350 per year.
- If you do not want your child to have the school meal, do not worry. They can continue with their normal lunch arrangements. However, as long as you qualify and are registered, the school will receive additional funding which will support your child’s learning and achievement.
- Applications are confidential and will not affect your entitlement to other benefits.
Please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Julia Marshall if you have any questions concerning the above.
Mr Martyn Henson
Do you qualify?
You can register your child for Free School Meals if you receive any of the following benefits:
Your child may qualify for a free meal if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, (providing you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Pension Credit (Guarantee Credit)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
Pupils can also register for Free School Meals if they receive any of these benefits themselves.
Please come and talk to us if you are not sure.
Further information can be found by visiting the following website: