At Nobel, we have high expectations of all of our Sixth Form students as ambassadors for the school. This includes academic expectations, attitude and being dressed appropriately. You are role models to our younger students and we expect your smart business wear to be of the highest possible standard, reflecting your attitude towards your study.
All Sixth Form students are expected to adopt smart business style dress. This means that your dress should be appropriate for a professional workplace. As a guide the following items of clothing are appropriate:
Photo ID must be worn visibly at all times while on school premises
The following items of clothing are considered inappropriate:
- Clothing of a revealing nature e.g. low cut sun tops, very short skirts, strappy tops
- Tops that show midriff, ripped clothing (underwear should not be visible)
- Denim items including jeans, skirts, gilets and jackets (including black denim)
- Leather skirts
- Leather jackets
- Over knee boots
- Casual shirts
- Track suit bottoms, joggers and ‘hoodies’
- Hot pants, shorts, including shorts worn with leggings or tights
- Leggings, jeggings and treggings
- Collarless T-shirts including polo shirts
- Replica sports shirts
- Trainers (including Converse, Vans etc)
- Flip-flops, Uggs, doc martins, timberland boots
- Hats (may be worn outside but not in the building)
Single discreet body piercings, such as a nose stud, may be worn; however, nose rings are not acceptable. Pierced eyebrows, tongues, cheeks etc. are not considered appropriate. Students who have obvious inappropriate piercings will be asked to remove them. Ear stretchers, tunnels and plugs are not appropriate for school. Tattoos should not be visible.
Hair colour should be natural.
If any student is in doubt about the suitability of their dress, they should check with their Form Tutor or Head of Year.