We are looking for a Duty Officer for our Lettings Department who would be prepared to cover weekend and evening shifts on a regular and rota basis. There will also be overtime available to cover staff absence.
You should be a talented administrator with some ICT skills, a passion for sport/fitness and ideally a Level 3 Fitness or coaching qualification. Applicants with a Level 2 qualification that aspire to gain their Level 3 may apply – a contribution towards their Level 3 qualification may be considered for the right applicant. Once qualified to Level 3, the successful candidate will be expected to undertake inductions or group training with existing customers at a higher rate of pay. Otherwise, the Duty Assistant will:
- Act as a front line representative of the lettings function ensuring all users enjoy their experience of using the school facilities.
- Set up and clear way equipment after each event / booking.
- Ensure facilities and equipment are being utilised correctly and dealing with any misuse or damage caused by hirers.
- Run customer inductions.
- Ensure the health and safety of all users whilst on site.
- Build excellent relationships with individual users and clubs, coping sensitively with the difficulties which arise.
- Display good communication skills.
- Demonstrable experience in a sports / leisure role.
- Flexibility to hours worked.
- Carry out any other duties related to the lettings function.
Nobel School is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all of its students, staff and visitors. The successful candidate will have to meet the requirements of the person specification in order to be offered the post and will be subject to recruitment checks, including an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion.
You can get further information from our website but we strongly advise you contact us to arrange an informal visit – you won’t regret it! To arrange a pre-visit, or for additional information, please contact Debbie Clark (Lettings Manager) on 01438 735002.
Prospective candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible as the school reserves the right to close the advert should we feel able to appoint an appropriate candidate.
|Salary||H1.2 (£7.89 per hour) rising to £15 per hour for some specific duties|
|Contract Type||Variable hours|
|Application Closing Date||17 April 2017|
How to Apply
Please complete an application form together with a letter of application (no longer than two sides of A4 in font Arial, 11). In your letter, you should address: Your vision and values relating to the post and why you want to join the Nobel community. All application forms and letters should be sent electronically to HR@nobel.herts.sch.uk by the closing date. Please contact the school if you would like to make a pre-application visit (HR@nobel.herts.sch.uk).
Please note that we do not accept CVs as a method of application. Please complete the application form provided and submit with the related letter of application.